BIAB / MLT / HLT
The "BIAB / MLT / HLT" is the right type for mashing if you have a BIAB setup or want to start the easy way with automating parts of your HERMS setup. Upsides of a "BIAB / MLT / HLT" device over a regular "Mashtun" device include:
- 1.Being able to initialize your pumps
Interfaces of a BIAB device.
This device type also supports automatic calibration. Read Calibration to find out, what the huge benefits of calibrating your device are.
Much like the "Mashtun", it offers three different interfaces:
- Electrical switches for heating (required)
- Electrical switches for circulation pumps, i.e., to init pumps.
- Temperature sensors for wort temperature (required)
You can change the following settings
- "When to turn the circulation on" (pump from MLT through Coil of HLT):
- "Always on": The stirring will be always on. Only requirement: The recipe step (in Automatic) or toggle (manual) must have circulation to be set to "turned on".
- "Only during and after heating": This will only turn the circulation on when the heating is turned on and a configurable amount of time (in minutes) after heating was turned off.
- "Only when heating": Like the last option, only that circulation will be turned off immediately after heating is stopped without any delay.
- Pump init cycles: Set a number of pump inits to get the air out of your tubes. This will turn on and off your pump a couple of times
- Duration of ON in a init cycle (requires "Pump init cycles" to be larger than 0): Set the on duration of the init cycle.
- Duration of OFF in a init cycle (requires "Pump init cycles" to be larger than 0): Set the off duration of the init cycle.
Settings of a "BIAB / MLT / HLT" device.