Setting up your first mashtun
You've connected your first Brick to your brewery? Great! Next step is to assign its interfaces - most likely a relay and a temperature to a device.
The process is the same for pretty much every device. We'll use the mashtun as an example.
- 1.Select "Equipment" in the side navigation.
- 2.Click the "Create device" button the respective card.
- 4.A empty Mashtun / BIAB device will appear. Let's discuss what you see:
- A title saying "Mashtun / BIAB". You can rename your device by simply clicking on it. This is handy if you have multiple mashtuns.
- A "Heating" section, displaying a "dropzone" denoted by something that looks like a open switch.
- A "Circulation" section, displaying the same dropzone. We also need a relay to control our pump (BIAB) / stirrer (else) after all.
- A "Temperature sensors" section, displaying a dropzone denoted by a thermoemeter icon.
- 5.We now want to assign the
- 1.the relay of our Brick to the "heating" of our mashtun
- 2.the temperature sensor of our Brick to our mashtun
- 6.We do this - and that is the catch - by drag and dropping! This is shown in the image below.
- 7.After your done, dont forget to hit the SAVE button!
- 8.Aaand: you're done.